Saturday, May 5, 2007

Is it possible to have too much coffee?

Today I went to the SCAA national conference in Long Beach. SCAA is the Specialty Coffee Association of America. I have no idea how much coffee I drank, but I tried coffee from Thailand (woof!), El Salvador, Brazil, Kenya, and what seemed like a hundred other countries. We looked at roasters, bags, teas and a million other things. In between all of the caffeine from the coffee we had chocolate, just to be sure we didn't fall asleep.

Needless to say if I ever get to sleep tonight it will be a miracle. On the whole the show was a good experience, but I think I enjoyed the smaller, more homey feel of Coffee Fest last year in Las Vegas. One of the things church tasked me with was finding Tea. I think I will be successful there. I made plenty of good connections, the trick is choosing one.

I feel like writing more, but I have nothing to say. My stomache is reeling from the effects of all the coffee, followed with a nice steak dinner at Northwoods Inn. It was all great, but I'm stuffed and jittery...

Joel

2 comments:

Porthos said...

The answer to this post's title is "YES".

Anonymous said...

Did you run into my neighborhood Roaster of the Year?

I should send you some -- how would you describe your favorite region/type/roasting level?