Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Praying at the Piano

I will sing of steadfast love and justice;
to you, O LORD, I will make music. - Psa. 101:1

Last night I had a great time of prayer at my piano. Sometimes the world gets so overwhelming that you just have to stop, take a step back, and block it all out and pray. Last night was one of those nights for me.

So I lit a candle, turned out the lights, and went into my library.

I sat there for a while just taking in the quiet, and then I got up and went to my piano and sat down. I began to pray and play, letting the music speak for my heart, working through each piece of music over and over again. A lot of it was original, spur of the moment compositions, lost forever to the world but given to God in that moment. Other times I played simple songs like "Father I Adore You" and "I love you Lord."

I don't know how long I was in there, but my fingers hurt when I was done.

My heart felt great.

Joel

No comments: