Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I have my life back

My friend David is fond of saying that school is "sucking your life" and giving me grief about attending seminary. It was all good natured, but now that I'm done, I'm realizing how right he was. Don't get me wrong, I don't for a second regret going to seminary. But what I am finding is that I am seeing my old self return. It's very exciting.

The burden of school is a large one. Summer and quarter breaks provide a temporary reprieve, but when there is more to come the next quarter they are simply a chance to catch your breath and resume full tilt banzai when the new quarter begins. Now that it's over I find myself doing a lot more stuff.

For example, yesterday I came home from work and found my family was not home. For the last few years this would have resulted in me plopping down on the couch and watching TV while trying to de-stress. Yesterday I did the dishes, emptied the dishwasher, etc. I am reading again, something I love to do. That's for the next post...

Joel

No comments: