Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pray.

Right now there is someone in your life that you know about that can use prayer.

Pray for them. Now.

My family just went through a major crisis. We spent several days in the hospital with our daughter, and I cannot tell you how much of a difference the prayers of our friends and family made. This event hit me _very_ hard. I'm already a bit weak from the stress of the last year, and I just was not equipped to handle this well. After we asked people to pray for our daughter and for us, there was an inner peace and strength evident that was much needed. Our prayers, and those of others, were also answered in relation to our daughter, and that is a huge blessing.

Too often "we'll pray for you" is a Christian way of saying "good bye" or "I've got to go now" when in reality, it is a powerful statement, a real statement, a significant statement, and one that should not be taken lightly.

The Lord's Prayer is remarkable, but the most remarkable line to me is this: Give us this day our daily bread. Jesus is teaching us how to pray, and He instructs us to ask for something as mundane as bread every day. If Jesus wants us to pray over the mundane and ordinary, how much more does He expect us to pray over the remarkable and extraordinary!

Prayer is powerful, don't treat it lightly.

Joel

No comments: