Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ChMS - Membership Edge

If you haven't already, you MUST read the summary of what we are looking for. This is critical to understand my comments. The vendors being reviewed work hard to provide a good product to serve the church, and they should be commended for that. Our needs are very specific, and just because a product isn't right for us does not mean that it isn't perfect for your church. By the same token, just because we didn't like a product does not mean it doesn't meet needs or provide genuine value to its clients. The blurb and "target market" are taken from the capterra list I referenced in my first post. Finally, my thoughts are my own and not an official position of my employer. Thank you.

Membership Edge
A web based management system for churches and faith based organizations.
Target Market: Small - Large
Quick Summary - Website isn’t amazing, but it seems to have a lot of features. Worth a few more minutes look at least.
http://www.membershipedge.com/Mebc/

Level 2 Analysis:

How big? - Small company
How many customers? - Data not provided
How long in business? - DNS created 2002
Are they profitable? - Data not provided
Technical Details - Data not provided

Volunteer Management - It hints at it, but I think it has simply a master visitation list. Is this designed for single staff churches?
Web Integration - Optional SiteLink provides web integration
Attendance - Provided through small group module. Not sure if it would be fast enough to manage our weekend.
Assimilation - Limited customization

Level 2 Summary - From the web it seems like this software has some good ideas, but I’m not sure the implementation is up to the level that we need. It’s inexpensive annually, even with the sitelink features and such. I’m not wild about the interface. In reply to my questions they basically agreed that they are not well suited for a church our size. I really appreciate their honesty and understanding of their product. Seems like a good company.

No comments: